Courts Online and Filing Your Case

Courts Online and Filing Your Case

Most courts online maintain services to help the public gain easy access to court information and documents. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about courts online.

How do I find my court date online?

The process differs with courts. If the case is scheduled in a district or municipal court in the state of Washington, then,you will have to locate the Search Case Record page of Washington Courts website and click on Find My Court Date Searches. After which, you click on Find My Court Date sub-heading, read the disclaimer and click Accept to open the requested page. Then, select the Court Name, enter your Last Name and your First Name Initial, and click Submit to process your request.

For cases scheduled in Juvenile, Superior, family or appellate courts, visit Washington Court website and click on the section tagged Appellate and Trial Courts page. There you can search for a person with the Name Search option or search for a case with the Case Search option.

Can I order court records online?

It is very much possible to order records via courts online. To do so, visit the National Archives Order Reproductions page, click on the option for Order Reproduction and choose Court Records. Then, select the appropriate court – Civil court, Bankruptcy court or Court of Appeals. After which, you follow the onscreen prompts to set up an account then place your order.

Can I file cases via courts online?

Yes. Submitting files or case documents (such as motions, pleadings, and petitions) to court electronically is made possible with the federal courts’ Case Management and Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) system. This makes it easy for courts to manage these files electronically. To file a document through the CM/ECF system, you will have to obtain a password from your local court.

Can I Access Court Fee Schedule Online?

Yes. Each court has its fee schedule on the website. Check the Fee Information page on the courts online website for more information.

Where can I get information about Jury duty?

You can always get information regarding jury duty on the court’s web page. Kindly visit your court’s web page to get information regarding jury duty specific to that court.

What information can I find on the case search?

The website contains basic information regarding criminal and civil cases from the courts that use the state’s Odyssey case management system. The website is updated regularly by local courts as such the information contained depends largely on when the court started using Odyssey and how often the website is being updated.

What Online Services Are Available For Oregon Judicial Department (OJD)?

For seamless payment of fee and to help make information readily available to the public, OJD offers a range of online services such as public access to case records and documents, ePayment on cases, calendar search, eFilingof cases, Appellate eFiling, interview forms, etc.

Can I find legal forms via courts online?

Although your local law library is the best place to start your research, you can also get legal forms from online resources such as the civil law self-help center, courts online websites, family law self-help center, and other online forms websites. The Family law self-help center deals with family law topics such as custody, name change, divorce, child support, etc. These form packets are accessible to the general public through the Family Law Self-Help Center’s website at no cost. You could also visit your court’s website to generate legal forms specific to your case, or contact a lawyer to see if they can help.

What is a PACER?

PACER, which stands for Public Access to Court Electronic Records, is a system which provides electronic public access service of the documents of United States federal courts.

Is PACER free of charge?

No. you get to pay $0.10 per page visited. Access to a single document comes at a cost of #3.00 which is equivalent to 30 pages. This doesn’t apply to name searches, transcripts of federal court proceedings, and reports that are not case-specific.

How do I access PACER?

Although PACER is available to the general public, it requires users to sing up for an account through the online registration process. After which, you gain an unlimited access to information about your local court. You could also use the PACER Case Locator to search for cases with unknown court location.

List of courts and their PACER details

  1. United States Court of Appeal for District of Columbia Circuit
  2. Address:333 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20001-2866
  3. Email Address: [email protected]
  4. PACER’s Address: PACER Service Center, P.O Box 780549, San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
  5. PACER’s Email Address: [email protected]
  6. District of Columbia
  7. 333 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20001
  8. Email Address: [email protected]
  9. PACER’s Address: PACER Service Center, P.O Box 780549, San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
  10.  PACER’s Email Address: [email protected]
  11. U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
  12. Address:333 W. 4th St., Rm. 411, Tulsa, OK 74103
  13. Email Address: [email protected]
  14.   PACER’s Address: PACER Service Center, P.O Box 780549, San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
  15. PACER’s Email Address: [email protected]
  16. U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
  17. Address:2 Niagara Square, Buffalo, NY 14202-3350
  18. Email Address: [email protected]
  19. PACER’s Address: PACER Service Center, P.O Box 780549, San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
  20.  PACER’s Email Address: [email protected]
  21. Southern District of West Virginia
  22. Address:Robert C. Byrd U.S. Federal Courthouse 300 Virginia St. East, Room 3200 Charleston, WV 25301
  23. Email Address: [email protected]
  24. PACER’s Address: PACER Service Center, P.O Box 780549, San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
  25.  PACER’s Email Address: [email protected]
Support Questions